Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Makeup Theory

Having expensive (and luxurious) makeup can be very fun and if you have the money for it, I say get all the good stuff.  But for the girls that don't have tons of money, (like myself), here is my theory about getting reasonable-quality makeup:
  • Get the best quality facial makeup that will obviously work with your skin the best.  Look for great foundations, powders, blushes, bronzers, and primers, to figure out which products work best for you.  I suggest going to Sephora to get samples of some high-quality makeup options.
  • If you have a high-quality eyeshadow primer, then you don't really need expensive eyeshadows.  The primer will keep any eyeshadow in place and will make the color exuberant.  
  • Drugstore mascara is phenomenal- you don't ever need to splurge on that item.
  • I have found that drugstore lip products (lipsticks, lipgloss, lipbalms, lipliners) are just as effective and colorful as department lip products- but both 'qualities' are great.  So, no real opinion about that here.
  • However, you will need high-quality makeup brushes for both face products and eye products.  The brushes create the perfect effects and help blend things more naturally.
I hope my makeup theory makes sense.  It has done me good- so maybe it will for you, if you try it.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment